"The words that we attach to our experiences become our experience."

2.16.2011

An Unhealthy Obsession?

It's safe to say that I have achieved an unhealthy relationship with nail art in the past 48 hours.

It all started when my older sister sent me a text as she was on her way to a nail appointment.  She told me she was finally getting the minx manicure that she had always wanted in honor of her trip to Miami this upcoming weekend.  Like my sister, I have always been a fan of minx but have never had the opportunity to have a minx experience.

A few snapshots from her appointment was all it took for me to be insanely jealous.  The final product (above) seriously makes her fingernails look as though they have been dipped in gold - it's amazing.

My sister's minx appointment got me thinking about all sorts of nail art.  Several Google searches later, I was hooked.  My particular favorite is the nail art seen on DJ Harley Viera-Newton, as seen here in a post by Into The Gloss.


Since I'm sure it will be a long time until I actually have my first minx or nail art experience, I will be brainstorming ideas in the meantime.  Already I've become keen on the idea of rhinestones on every finger.  Wouldn't it be fabulous if I could get a little birthday theme going for my upcoming birthday?  If only...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment